Just wanted to let you know that I had my surgery, finally, and that all is well. All the tests came back benign and the doctor says that I won't even have to be on medication. Yay! My other thyroid will do all the work. (By the way, I had a lump growing on my thyroid so they took it out, the right one, for those of you wondering.) I am back to work after having a week off, and life is back to normal. I am a little hoarse and will be for a while. One of my vocal cords was damaged during the surgery, so I will have to go to a speech therapist to jump start it. Kind of funny. So anyway, that is what is going on in my life. Hope all is well with everyone, and I love you all.
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Posted by Mike and Paige Burgin at 10:58 AM
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
100 Things you need to know about Paige. Sorry if there are some shockers along the way. I don’t think there will be too many.
1. When I was a little girl, my nickname was Rampage. Take a guess why that was.
2. When growing up I lived in three different houses, all within about an eight of a mile from each other.
3. When little I killed an entire saltwater aquarium by throwing in dress up jewelry and a big bird toy. It was like pirate’s booty, I thought it would look cool, but the fish ate the jewelry and died. Sorry mom and dad.
4. I have taken a few lessons in my life:
7. Dance, additional lessons:
8. Modern, my favorite
11. I took dance for about 10-11 years ( I think)
12. I tried basketball, but to no avail.
13. I would like to learn how to golf.
14. I would like to learn how to fly fish.
15. I actually do like fishing.
16. I would like to learn to snowboard better, but I hate the cold.
17. I guess I will take up wakeboarding instead.
18. When I was about 12 I took ski lessons, but I only stuck with them for a season.
19. I always wanted to take Gymnastics and drum lessons.
20. Now I would like to learn how to play the guitar and go back to ballet/modern and piano.
21. My most embarrassing moment was when I was 16 and I was on a date with a cute senior. We were on a double and I was getting out of the back of a lifted Jeep Wrangler and my foot got caught on the seat belt and I fell out of the Jeep and landed right on my bum. I was also wearing a skirt. My date didn’t know what to do, but I started laughing, so he did too. Then I went inside and cried. We ended up dating for a while after that. I guess making a fool out of yourself really helps you get the guys.
22. I LOVE Kids
23. I can’t wait to have my own, that’s no secret though.
24. All through high school and a few years after, I wanted a tattoo of a dragonfly and the Libra sign on my back. I even had it drawn out what I wanted it to look like.
25. I also wanted my nose pierced during this same little phase. I actually went to the tattoo and piercing parlor and chickened out.
26. I did have my belly button pierced for about six months in high school. I ditched school with a friend and we both did it. My husband was actually the first person I told, but we were just friends at that point. (Duh)
27. I always wear an elastic band around my wrist on the off chance I might put my hair in a ponytail, but I never do. That is something I might stop. Hey, could be worse though, could be a scrunchie.
28. When I was about four, I broke my little brother’s arm. He was asleep on my parent’s bed and I proceeded to jump on the bed and jumped right on his arm. He was about 18 months old. Sorry, Mike.
29. When I was 18 months old, I fell off a step ladder and broke my leg. I wore a cast from toe to hip.
30. My first ever boyfriend was in sixth grade, and might I add that he was so stinking cute, still is, but as it turns out, he is now gay and living in San Francisco.
31. My first attempted kiss was in eighth grade. He leaned in, closed his eyes and oops! He completely missed my mouth. Needless to say, he never tried again. (he actually got my eye somehow).
32. My first real kiss was in ninth grade at a party.
33. When I am driving alone, I like to sing as loud as I can, sometimes when I am with people too.
34. Also, when I am driving and singing, I take mental note of the songs I could sing decently on the off chance I ever had to audition for American Idol. (ya know, if my life depended on it.)
35. I love to drive on the freeway with my windows down, and turn up my music so I can hear it over the freeway sounds.
36. My favorite vacation spot is Hawaii.
37. I dream of one day visiting all the cliché movie spots, like London, Paris, Rome, etc. . . .
38. I would absolutely love to go to Greece one day and then embark on a Mediterranean cruise.
39. I have travelled a few fun places,
47. My favorite seasons are spring, because everything is new and fall, because my birthday is in the fall and because it is beautiful.
48. I LOVE living in Utah. ( much to the chagrin of my husband)
49. I love nighttime, nothing beats a warm summer night, and my favorite place in the world is my bed.
50. I could sleep forever. I am SO NOT a morning person. I can’t wait to go to bed at night.
51. When I was little I wanted to be a dolphin trainer at sea world.
52. Then I wanted to be a marine biologist.
53. I still dream of doing these things one day.
54. I am scuba certified.
55. I would love to live in the Northwest, it is gorgeous up there. (Hey, Erin, I’ll trade ya.)
56. I absolutely have to see Prince Edward Island one day.
57. I am a huge Anne of Green Gables fan.
58. I played soccer for about thirteen years and loved every minute of it.
59. I talk really, really, really fast when I am excited.
60. Normally, I just talk fast.
61. My sister is my best friend.
62. I really admire my little brothers.
63. I love and look up to my parents. They are everything I want to be.
64. I love my friends.
65. I am very loyal.
66. I am a good listener.
67. I miss high school.
68. I am an army wife. I always swore I never would be.
69. I am pretty dang lucky to be married to Mike, though. He is amazing!
70. I am obsessed with the food network.
71. When I am cooking, alone, of course, I talk to my pretend audience like I am doing a cooking show.
72. There is nothing better, in my mind, than a warm rain and bare feet. I know, so cliché, but it is true.
73. I am an English major, that is if I ever finish school.
74. My favorite body part is my feet.
75. The first CD I ever got was Counting Crows: August and Everything After. To this day it is one of my favorites.
76. When I was little I loved popsicles, pickles and potato chips. Not much has changed.
77. I actually love to stand in my kitchen and eat pickles out of the jar; the hamburger slices to be exact.
78. I am obsessed with the Twilight series. I check stephenie meyer.com daily.
79. The last book I read was Harry Potter.
80. The last time I cried was when I finished that book. (I finished it on Sunday.)
81. My all time favorite musician is Billy Joel. You gotta love the piano man.
82. When I was little I had a pet canary. He was bright yellow and his name was Harmony.
83. I hate, more than anything, the way stamp adhesive tastes. I HATE licking stamps.
84. I love Broadway!
85. I could listen and sing to the Wicked and Les Miserables soundtracks forever and never get sick of them. Greatest stuff ever!
86. I got to see Kristen Chenoweth perform live on Broadway.
87. I cannot tell a story, or even have a conversation for that matter, without using my hands. Thanks, Mom.
88. I am terrified of Bees and Balloons.
89. When I was sixteen I was in a really bad car accident. My car rolled and landed upside down and me and my two friends walked away, with just a few cuts and scratches.
90. I love the beach. Whether it is California and 80 degrees, or Oregon and 50 degrees, rainy, windy, and freezing, I love it!
91. I love to read. I have always loved it.
92. I drive a purple Honda Civic hatchback, that my friends in college named the purple egg.
93. I am addicted to Diet Coke. I can’t go a day without one. Although, I have cut it down to only one a day.
94. I used to play dress-up with my friends and we would act out all sorts of different scenarios.
95. Our fave was that we were a girl group, like Wilson-Phillips, and we would lip-synch to songs while dancing on the ledge of my mom and dad’s fireplace, like a stage.
96. I love going to the zoo. It has been a long time since I’ve actually been there, but I love it just the same. Same with Sea World.
97. I LOVE roller coasters. I could ride them over and over and not be phased. My fave is at Six Flags, Magic Mountain in California.
98. I love wear flip-flops. I have an entire hanging shoe closet full of them. It kills me when I have to throw a pair away.
99. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Johnny Depp. I think he is a genius. And yes I loved him before the Pirate’s movies, but they didn’t hurt my opinion of him.
100. When I was in 6th grade, at recess, my friends and I would feed a “leprechaun”, and leave little toys and things, that we thought lived right on the edge of the school boundaries. We told everyone about it, and when St. Patrick ’s Day came, there was a pot of gold in the spot that we had been leaving all this stuff. I am pretty sure that our teacher had something to do with it, but we didn’t think that at the time. It was pretty cool.
Hope you all have had fun getting to know me a little bit better. I had fun doing this. Thanks Chels for the idea.
Posted by Mike and Paige Burgin at 4:59 PM
Sunday, September 2, 2007
I think I did this wrong, but oh well. Still getting the hang of things. Girls camp started out with a bang, about six-thirty on Monday morning. Man it was all I could do to get the bagels and orange juice there on time. I am so not a morning person. Anyway, we got to camp, at Bear Lake. And it was sure to be a fun filled week. We started setting up the tents just as the wind started to blow. And boy did it blow. That was certainly an experience I won't forget, but the girls had a great time and they all thought that it was very funny. Then the games began. (please refer to pic #1). We played your traditional girl's camp games, and I must say that this blog is being written by the BIG BOOTY Champion! Hollah! (Erin that was for you). Anyway, lots to write. so little time.
Next we took the girls on surrey bike rides, pic 2. If you haven't been on one, I recommend it. I had a blast, as did the girls. We had 2-man, and 4-man bike, and we rode on a trail around the lake for about an hour. I must say, that we had a bit of bad luck on our bike, and as we were turning around to head back to the bike rental shop, a mean old lady on a bike rode right in front of us, and, oops, we hit her. Now we were nearly stopped, so she didn't even fall off her bike or anything, but boy was she mad. The girls thought this was pretty funny and couldn't hide their giggles, so we had to skedaddle as fast as we could pedal. I have to admit, it was pretty funny though.
The water was gorgeous, as you can see. And it was, surprisingly, not freezing. I must admit, I never got in, but I was able to take some pictures. and get my feet wet, but as Assistant Camp Director, there really isn't a lot of time to play. If the girls are occupied, you are getting the next activity ready. Don't get me wrong though, I found some time to enjoy myself. Another fun thing we did was have a sand castle building contest. Again I think I will have to toot my own horn, but yeah, my team won. TOOT! TOOT!
Anyway, I think I will stop talking now. . .Oh one more thing. We went to the Pickleville Playhouse, and saw a play called "A Pirate's Life" and it was probably the funnest thing we did. I will try to find a clip or something somewhere, but if you are ever up visiting Bear Lake, this activity comes highly recommend. Check it out, you won't be disappointed. The girls laughed so hard the entire time. I did , too. Anyway, that is what is up here.
Also, my hubby is back and all is well. School started and he is busy and I am busy, but it is great to have him back.
Posted by Mike and Paige Burgin at 6:34 PM
Saturday, August 4, 2007
Well hello there! Just thought I should probably update this thing. I am sitting at home on Saturday night, just me myself and I. Mike is gone at an army training, and has been now for about two and a half weeks. We have another two weeks left to go. I have been taking this time alone to get things done around our house. ya know, like deep cleaning, giving stuff to the DI, etc. . . I hope he isn't mad when he gets home. I did get rid of his fave pair of shoes, that he has had since before we got married. He shouldn't be surprised though. I always threaten to do it and I finally did.
Well, I got a new job, so now I am working two. I like to have the hours filled. I am working at a local appliance and mattress store. I know, lame, right? But actually, you'd be surprised. It is really fun. And I get a killer deal on appliances!
So I am still trying to put some pictures up on my blog, but I am having some issues. Eventually, I promise.
Well, I am the assistant girls camp director in our ward and we leave for camp in two and a half weeks. I am actually really excited. We got a cabin for the leaders, but for certification, the girls have to sleep in tents. I am going to sleep out there with them, should be interesting. I would like to think of myself as a seasoned camper, but you never know with bunch of teenage girls running around, ya know I was once in their shoes and we weren't very nice to our leaders. Oh well.
Anyway, that is probably enough for now, so I will try to update this more often. See ya'll later.
Posted by Mike and Paige Burgin at 9:20 PM
Monday, April 2, 2007
So I thought I would say a quick hello to everybody. Brooke called last night and let me know what I was missing out on with this whole blog thing. She also filled me in on everyone's news. It was great to hear how everyone is doing, and at the moment it sounds like all is well. Yeah! Anyway, I am just heading out for a run, I need to lose about twenty pounds! Yikes! I will put more stuff on here later, if anyone is intersted. I love you all!
Posted by Mike and Paige Burgin at 3:58 PM