Good times. Val tagged me. I have been holding off on posting this because I have some awesome pics from the glory days, but I guess I can add those later.
1. Did you date someone from your high school: Yes-I did. The most memorable would have to be my rock-star husband (although short lived), with his bleached blonde hair, parted down the middle.
2. What kind of car did you drive? : Well, the car that I was given to drive was driven to school the last day of the semester, before Christmas break and then totaled during Christmas Break. Needless to say, I didn't get a car until I left for college three years later.
(This is the car, although mine was brown and the license plate read "DARTS". It was a hand me down from my sister.)
3. What is your most embarrassing moment in high school? I think I had quite a few, but one would have to be falling out of a jeep wrangler on a date with a guy I really liked. For more details, please refer to 100 things about me.
4. Were you a party animal? I don't think so-unless any of you out there would like to object.
5. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? I would have to admit that I was in sophomore girls choir, and we were TERRIBLE! :) I did date somebody who played the bass guitar in the Jazz band (Yeah, honey, I am talking about you). Also another person I dated played the clarinet in the band, his sophomore year, although if I had known that, I probably wouldn't have dated him. :) (And I hope all if you reading this know I am not actually that shallow)
6. Were you a nerd? : Unfortunately I would have to say yes. When me and all my girlfriends got together, LOOK OUT! We never knew where the night would take us! I just remember lip synching at Lindsay's house with wooden spoons and spatulas.
7. Were you on any varsity teams? : Just soccer, but come to find out I wasn't that good (an unfortunate fact I learned after sitting out the entire first game of the season.) I made the best of it though, and if we were killing the other team, I got to play. :) So I was a part-time varsity player, but I had some really good times on the sidelines. (I hope that some of you remember what I am talking about when I say "Dog Pound!" Who let the dogs out?)
8. Did you get suspended/expelled? : No, but that would have made a good story-maybe I should have tried a little harder. . .
9. Can you still sing the fight song? : "Oh When the Darts, go marching in, oh when the Darts go marching in, We will all stand together and cheer them, when the Darts go marching in. Fight team! Fight team! Fight! Fight!" (Ha! Now it is stuck in your head, too.)
10. School Mascot? Dart-man/Dart-Woman (You go girl! Yes, Dusty Lindblad, I am talking to you!) Go Darts!
11. Who was your favorite teacher? Man I loved Ms. Coburn. She could make any subject exciting, but I loved my AP psych class. Also I loved this guy. . . Mr. Mike Navidomskis. His classes were so entertaining. I even aimed for poor citizenship so I could attend his U make-up classes. Ok, just kidding, but unfortuntely I did have to attend one of them. Most entertaining U make-up ever. Sure as heck beats janitorial work.
Senior Year-Mike Burgin, yeah you heard me right, although at that time if you had told me that we were going to get married, I would have have said "Come, again?"
15. What do you remember most about graduation?:Skipping out a little early on the all night party (apparently we missed the big sing along to that one graduation song), but swimming at Lindsay's until about 6 in the morning and then heading to work at 8. Good times!
16. Where did you go senior skip day?: Barnes Park. . .that is about all I remember, all though the original plan was to have a Ferris Bueller day. (Museum, fancy retstaurant, Cubs game-I mean Bees).
17. Were you in any clubs? : Pro-Schola! A-T-T-A-C-K! ATTACK! Also, I think that fashion board counts, and you can't forget DECA.
18. Have you gained weight since then?: No comment.
19. Who was your prom date?:
Senior year-Spencer Lloyd
20. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion?: Yeah, if we even have one-I would like to know whatever happened with our 5 year?
21. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself?: None-I had a great time! Ok, I guess I would tell myself to take school a little bit more serious.
Now I want to know more about your high school experiences-
Steph, Jacy, Erin, Morgan, and anyone else that reads this.
P.S. I had so much fun digging through pics at my mom's house, that I have decided to devote an entire blog post to old pictures. Coming soon to a computer near you!